Welcome!

Welcome! This is a place to share how we celebrate & deepen our relationship to Nature. Here you will find stories, images, & ideas about wilderness, human nature, & soulfulness. Drawing from the experiences of everyday living, the topics on this blog include: forays into the natural world, the writing life, community service, meditation, creativity, grief & loss, inspiration, & whatever else emerges from these. I invite you on this exploration of the wild within & outside of us: the inner/outer landscape.



Friday, July 28, 2017

Didn’t Make the Cut II

The following is another snippet from my upcoming book … one that did not make the cut for Writing on the Landscape.

 I am alone in the ponderosa sage scrub landscape. It is late morning on Day Two of a hundred hour fast. We are all following the guidelines of no company, no shelter, no food for the duration of our time on the land. The heat will begin to swell as the afternoon progresses; during this time I move around the base of the single pine tree that is my haven of mottled shade, of spiritual protection, a landmark I can return to and call “home” for the next several days. In the distance I hear the cries of a coyote pack. From the sounds that echo off the humanless landscape, I realize that some of them are pups. This begins a whole fantasy about the coyotes coming to visit me …


This photo didn't make the cut either - for the book's cover. Though I do like the plant shadows on the page.





All blog images created & photographed by Jennifer J. Wilhoit unless otherwise noted. Please circulate images with photo credit: "©2017 JenniferJWilhoit/TEALarbor stories. AllRightsReserved."