Welcome!

Welcome! This is a place to share how we celebrate & deepen our relationship to Nature. Here you will find stories, images, & ideas about wilderness, human nature, & soulfulness. Drawing from the experiences of everyday living, the topics on this blog include: forays into the natural world, the writing life, community service, meditation, creativity, grief & loss, inspiration, & whatever else emerges from these. I invite you on this exploration of the wild within & outside of us: the inner/outer landscape.



Friday, December 1, 2017

Gratitude to Generosity: A Pathway from One Year to the Next

Last week I posted here a recent article about gratitude. Now that it is the beginning of December, the holiday season is in full swing. I’m preparing to join with other handbell ringers to bring festive music into senior residences, churches, grocery stores, and to the infirm and shut-in. I want to live my gratitude in acts of beauty.

But I am also thinking already about the year to come. I am ruminating about the practices I would like to hone in the coming year (what many people call “resolutions”). And each December I take much-needed time to really ponder this. It entails reviewing this past year, finding the narrow constrictions I would like to breathe life into and to grow into, and exploring the pathways I can journey to accomplish this.

During this season of plenty I consciously shift from gratitude to generosity. I open my heart to that which I would like to grow in the world next year, and I open my eyes for the opportunities and means to do so.

Will you join me?

(Edited excerpt from a post six years ago.)



All blog images created & photographed by Jennifer J. Wilhoit unless otherwise noted. Please circulate images with photo credit: "©2017 JenniferJWilhoit/TEALarbor stories. AllRightsReserved."