Welcome!

Welcome! This is a place to share how we celebrate & deepen our relationship to Nature. Here you will find stories, images, & ideas about wilderness, human nature, & soulfulness. Drawing from the experiences of everyday living, the topics on this blog include: forays into the natural world, the writing life, community service, meditation, creativity, grief & loss, inspiration, & whatever else emerges from these. I invite you on this exploration of the wild within & outside of us: the inner/outer landscape.



Friday, April 5, 2024

Still Going #The100DayProject

With all of this “every day-ness” of the #The100DayProject, I’m surprised there is juice within for much more in the way of creative output. 


But I'm finding a new shift, a new sway, a new rhythm, a new capacity for creating as a way of life. For now, anyway. And so alongside this 100-day journey of landscapes and manuscript work, I have created a few new collage pieces (including what I shared on last week’s Friday blog post), finished a couple of creative projects (a map, a handmade book), started a new journal project, and am collaborating on two new bodies of work with others. 

 

How can being creative nourish more creative output? 

 

I guess I used to be drained by creative pursuit. I had a limit to how much I could do before wearying of a project. But these days, my passion and energy for creating is increasing. The more I do, the more I’m fed by it – which then fills my well so that I can create more. 


Do you ever feel this way?

 

Here are a few samples from this week’s landscape painting sessions. And I found some goodies in the manuscript that I’d forgotten about, too; that’s always exciting.