Welcome!

Welcome! This is a place to share how we celebrate & deepen our relationship to Nature. Here you will find stories, images, & ideas about wilderness, human nature, & soulfulness. Drawing from the experiences of everyday living, the topics on this blog include: forays into the natural world, the writing life, community service, meditation, creativity, grief & loss, inspiration, & whatever else emerges from these. I invite you on this exploration of the wild within & outside of us: the inner/outer landscape.



Friday, June 23, 2023

Creative Collaboration #1

Fellow interfaith practitioner, island neighbor, spiritual poet extraordinaire, and – best of all – friend, Emily Mockett decided a few months ago to write several poems that she paired with my visual creative work. We’re thrilled to be collaborating in this way. And we want to share them with you. 

 

We are each posting them on our blogs in close proximity to one another over the coming months. 

 

This is the first one:

 

Weeping Willows

by EmilyJane Mockett

Oh Willow my willow
How Summery you weep
Your tears to the earth
Invite me to release mine
If not from grief,
From the quiet Joy of being alive

Oh willow my willow
How Summery you beckon
Your shimmery limbs dangle
Inviting me to dangle mine
If not from Joy,
From the private surrender of being held

Oh willow my willow
How Summery you speak
Your story of silence
Invites me to tell mine
If not from wisdom,
From the primal return of my innocence 

Oh willow my willow
How Summery you stand
Your shape unfurling 
Inviting me to welcome mine
If not from my dreams
From the co-creative evolution;
The Endless Summer 
of Life giving over to Life

Oh willow my willow
How I am drawn in by you
How you draw me closer 
Closer to my Essence, 
as I am drawn into yours
How can I not weep with you

 

(You can find this on Emily’s blog on June 25th.) 


Here is my collage, #85 of #the100dayproject. It’s titled, Weeping Willow at Pond Edge. It’s inspired by a photo I took at Bloedel Reserve on Bainbridge Island, WA in 2021.