Welcome!

Welcome! This is a place to share how we celebrate & deepen our relationship to Nature. Here you will find stories, images, & ideas about wilderness, human nature, & soulfulness. Drawing from the experiences of everyday living, the topics on this blog include: forays into the natural world, the writing life, community service, meditation, creativity, grief & loss, inspiration, & whatever else emerges from these. I invite you on this exploration of the wild within & outside of us: the inner/outer landscape.



Friday, September 22, 2023

Creative Collaboration 3

Fellow interfaith practitioner, island neighbor, spiritual poet extraordinaire, and – best of all – friend, Emily decided a few months ago to write a few poems that she paired with my visual creative work. We’re thrilled to be collaborating in this way. And we want to share them with you. 

 

We are each posting them on our blogs in close proximity to one another over the coming months. 

 

This is our third one:

 

Kaleidoscope

By EmilyJane Mockett

If I turn or shake

the colors will quake 

Making all things clear

Or 

Everything more complexity of seer

Either way I will be stunned

By the beauty I see

And 

The beauty I cannot see…

The beauty I don’t understand 

Until I pull back from my focused view

Rising, swirling like a winged creature

Or 

Sinking, rolling like a sea creature 

Either way I will be stunned

Taking in the fractured light

Absorbing the colors of possibility

And 

If you join me 

in the turn or shake

I will be stunned 

By what we may see 

In the colors of quake 

What we may see together 

that we could never see alone

Either way I am stunned by 

The colors of possibility 

The beauty here

ALL around 

 

(You can find this on Emily’s blog on Sep 9th.)

 

Here is my creative piece. It’s simply titled, Landscape Collage. I created it in late August during a session with my Spiritual Ecology colleagues as I guided them through a landscape collage workshop.