Welcome!

Welcome! This is a place to share how we celebrate & deepen our relationship to Nature. Here you will find stories, images, & ideas about wilderness, human nature, & soulfulness. Drawing from the experiences of everyday living, the topics on this blog include: forays into the natural world, the writing life, community service, meditation, creativity, grief & loss, inspiration, & whatever else emerges from these. I invite you on this exploration of the wild within & outside of us: the inner/outer landscape.



Friday, March 22, 2024

Keeping On #The100DayProject

At the completion of my original thirty-day commitment to #The100DayProject this year, I recommitted through Day 50. Those additional twenty days ended earlier this week. 

 

Today marks Day 54 and I’m still going...drafting a little oil pastel landscape every day and working hard on my book manuscript. 


I’ve found myself shifting the weight of these two parts of the project, though. I’m spending less time painting each day and more time adding content, editing, and fine-tuning the book. This feels like a natural evolution in the creative process. I’m grateful to be able to listen to what’s being asked of me and to flow into it with ease and trust. 


Here are a few samples from this week’s painting sessions. (Naturally, I cannot share actual snippets from the book project until after it is in the hands of the publisher.)