Welcome!

Welcome! This is a place to share how we celebrate & deepen our relationship to Nature. Here you will find stories, images, & ideas about wilderness, human nature, & soulfulness. Drawing from the experiences of everyday living, the topics on this blog include: forays into the natural world, the writing life, community service, meditation, creativity, grief & loss, inspiration, & whatever else emerges from these. I invite you on this exploration of the wild within & outside of us: the inner/outer landscape.



Friday, October 18, 2024

Storm

Calm before the storm outside. Everything in the natural world is still, presently. All the humans are in fast-paced hordes, nearly rear-ending each other in their haste to load up cars with provisions and return home to hunker in.

 

And despite all this, I am thinking, Here’s what is really necessary:

 

Loving people.

Protecting the vulnerable.

Appreciating the power of nature. (We were in a hugely damaging earthquake just two years ago; I recall how much I had to “muster” my appreciation that day.)

Savoring. Relaxing into what is. Gently declining the offer to drink more than one cup of tea with Worry.

 

Today, I count my blessings again, proactively, with a kind of faith: 

 

There are lessons as well as beauty in a storm; may all beings find unconditional peace.

 

 

(Excerpt from a blog post in Oct. 2016.)