Welcome!

Welcome! This is a place to share how we celebrate & deepen our relationship to Nature. Here you will find stories, images, & ideas about wilderness, human nature, & soulfulness. Drawing from the experiences of everyday living, the topics on this blog include: forays into the natural world, the writing life, community service, meditation, creativity, grief & loss, inspiration, & whatever else emerges from these. I invite you on this exploration of the wild within & outside of us: the inner/outer landscape.



Friday, December 8, 2017

Reflections on Everchanging Interconnection

I am a beginning knitter. Yesterday I found my hands rhythmically moving in the spiraling figure-8s of my project. I was not as focused on each stitch as I was on the movements from row to row.

When I’m writing, I do not consider every letter of each word that I put on the page. I am focused on an idea or image I want to convey … those that I am feeling in my being.

This morning I photographed the fleeting moments of a beautiful sunrise. While the darkness of the night was shaken off at daybreak, the light that finally arrived in its fullness was a blued-white—no hint of the shiny rust-colored ball that appeared to levitate just above the horizon after first light.

...

The scarf cannot exist without the individual knitted stitches, nor the manuscript without the alphabet. The sunrise is part of an everchanging landscape with no endpoint.


Interconnection breathes; it is momentary as well as constant. Whether I pay attention to the details (stitch, letter, orangey sky), the process (knitting, writing, sunrise), or the fabric of the whole (scarf, essay, landscape), interconnectedness still exists—the unseen yet palpable feelingweaving our lives together.

(Bare bones of a post from 12/09/11.)





All blog images created & photographed by Jennifer J. Wilhoit unless otherwise noted. Please circulate images with photo credit: "©2017 JenniferJWilhoit/TEALarbor stories. AllRightsReserved."